Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mally's perspective on Breastfeeding

First let me clarify.  I am a breastfeeding supporter.  I breastfed Mally for her first 8 weeks and wish it would have worked out so I could have done it her entire first year.  So a few weeks ago Mally and I saw a breastfeeding Mom in the mall.  Mally had a million questions about what that baby being "on" that Momma's boobie was all about.... I didn't think much of it and just said "she is feeding her baby milk I fed you that way when you were born.  Its natural God gives Mommies milk for their babies when they are born."

Well fast forward a couple of weeks after Mally has had time to soak in that information.  She comes up to me last night and lays her head on my chest and says "WOW Momma I just can't believe I drank milk out of your big ole boobies when I was a baby... that's just crazy.... but I am pretty sure they tasted like vanilla wafers"

3 comments:

  1. That is great! I love when kids come up with their own ideas on things such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhaha! Vanilla wafers, shes a mess

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL! How I love that sweet little princess!!

    ReplyDelete